Add Reply
New Poll

WEASLEY, LUCY A., SEVENTH ■ STEPHANIE CAM
LUCY WEASLEY
 Posted: Nov 7 2013, 02:39 PM
17 YEARS OLD . N/A POINTS
And I'm off to the races, cases of Bacardi chasers chasing me all over town. Cause he knows I'm wasted, facing time again at Riker's Island and I won't get out.Because I'm crazy, baby I need you to come here and save me. I'm your little scarlet, starlet singing in the garden, kiss me on my open mouth.

stephanie cam. seventeen. ravenclaw.
Nice girls don’t finish last, they just come up short and I’m sick of it.

Hi, my name is Lucy Audrey Weasley and no Lucy isn’t short for Lucille, it’s just Lucy… just Lucy. I don’t want anyone to think that my life is just some angsty teenaged drama, I just know a little bit about how nice girls come up short. Today, I look like something scraped off the streets of London after an all night rager. I look like someone who simply doesn’t care about what other people think of me and while that is true, it didn’t always start off that way. First off, many people see the last name Weasley and they’re always wondering who my parents are. I was born to Percy and Audrey Weasley, the second of two daughters right behind my older sister Molly Ginevra Weasley. As you can see my family has a thing for recycling names. Secondly, once people realize that my dad isn’t Ron, George, Bill, nor Charlie I get the dreaded “oh…”. That never bothered me though, it was always an observation of mine. I didn’t have a bad life though, every rumour you hear about how the Weasley-Potter family has get togethers every holiday, every weekend… every other day is true! I grew up extremely loved and while I technically had one sibling I grew up with eleven (twelve if you count Teddy) siblings.

Like I said my life was never bad, it was just a little bland. I was fully aware of the idea that my dad had once been on bad terms with his family but by the time Molly was born they didn’t hold anything against her or me for that matter. By Daddy being a high ranking ministry official and Mum as a political analyst for the Daily Prophet, we were able to afford a lovely life just outside of London. Back in the day, I was a little heavier with frizzy ginger hair and thick glasses. I was definitely not the most attractive little girl (even though my baby pictures are to die for). Like my parents, I inherited their curiosity and thirst for knowledge but my cousins liked to say I was just plain nosy. We had a family library where I’d spend hours on end teaching myself trivial facts. Still, even as a little girl I hated how Weasleys seemed to blend in with one another. Whether I liked it or not I was a member of a set and at times that is a good thing especially when it came to those early fights I used to get in. While I was smart I had an even smarter mouth and a short fuse so there were times when my younger self would spazz and try to inflict harm on someone else.

I always had a sort of split personality, perhaps it’s because I’m a Gemini but my outer appearance and the way I conducted myself didn’t match my inner feelings and real personality. You see, I was always a glamour-puss even though Mum dressed me like the preppy barbie dolls around here. The Weasley side of me was a little bit more rough around the edges. I loved diamonds, studs, money, glitter, gold, and all things shiny but in a more avant-garde way. On the weekends, I was delighted when my parents took us to London and while we originally went to see the opera or the ballet or go to the theatre I enjoyed the trips because of the people and what they wore. I admired the busyness of the muggles and even the witches and wizards who resided there. Everyone was so cool, I wanted to document everything and that’s when I asked my parents for my very first camera. It was as if lightning had hit and I am so lucky that I found my passion at a young age: photography and journalism. I’m not sure if the war with Voldemort made my father appreciate life a little bit more but he fully supported Molly and I with whatever we did.

No matter how many lessons my parents taught me, or how many stories of Hogwarts I heard from my sister and older cousins; I still was not prepared for the lessons I learned almost immediately once I got to Hogwarts. James, Rose, Fred, Louis, and I were all first years who didn’t know what we were getting ourselves into but unlike them I was worried. Out of habit I clung to them but I paid attention to my surroundings. I came in contact with pureblood families who were all about pureblood supremacy and it was something that I wasn’t used to. My naive nature immediately thought that those kind of people wouldn’t be successful but time would tell that I was wrong. Once the sorting ceremony came Fred was the first to get sorted… into Gryffindor which came as no surprise. Then after Fred came James then Louis, the both of them got into Gryffindor as well. I came immediately after Louis and I remember the sorting hat making a comment about my extensive family history in Gryffindor. I was fully expecting to be sorted into Gryffindor before the sorting hat bellowed “RAVENCLAW” and my heart stopped. Ravenclaw? Did it mean to say Ravenclaw? It’s an old hat after all. Silence followed and my legs turned to jelly as I looked in the direction of the Ravenclaw table. I felt like a failure...until I heard my family clapping for me anyway.

I spent all of one night crying about not getting into Gryffindor like my entire family but I literally remembering going “Hmph. I’ll make Ravenclaw the coolest house to ever grace this school”. I was committed to that idea, after all if anyone was to do it then it should have been me. In I time I adapted to my classes as expected. Over the years one of the main things that I noticed is that certain people got away with things that they shouldn't have in the name of being wealthy and pureblood. It was disgusting. The girls were horrid, maybe even more horrid than the guys and it's needless to say we didn't get along. It wasn't that I was jealous but I felt as if I was more intelligent wittier, and more clever than those girls but...well you see who is the editor of the Hogwarts Herald right? Still all of that is neither here not there and with time I stopped trying to show people why I was special. I went through a period of time when I was obsessed with dying my hair and while I was in Ravenclaw I found peace with the outsiders except I could never full be an "outsider" because of my last name.

Perhaps what really made me feel like nice girls come up short was during my fifth year when I got my first boyfriend I experienced my first AND LAST heartache. He was two years older than I and I gave everything to him. He was a lot like me, really smart but more of an artist than a ministry drone. He was everything I could have hoped for in a boyfriend. I was young and stupid for trusting him and letting him influence me so much. Long story short the romance didn't last between us, a classic case of a guy leading a girl on. I said earlier that he was an artist and he liked to draw. I was the subject of one of his portraits and it was a very intimate type of picture. It was like the Titanic but less romantic because once a few people saw the picture they didn't find it cute or romantic. I was terribly embarrassed, I felt betrayed and it was almost as if was a set up. He didn't seem to think it was a big deal which infuriated me even more. I tonight my entire life was over, I mean really...a nudey was seen throughout the Ravenclaw tower. Luckily my housemates had a sense of respect and it didn't spread throughout the entire tower or to headmaster but I was really hanging on by a thread plus heartbroken!

I didn't even bother to tell my family about it. I'm sure a few cousins found out about it but I'm resilient, I bounced back quickly. I think that the whole picture and boyfriend debacle was liberating. After I accepted that it happened to me and for a while I was looked at as "that girl" by my housemates I became more comfortable with myself. I'm not some super scag or anything but I know how unfair or cruel people can be and in a sense it brings me more peace. There's just a lot of things I don't care about anymore and everyone knows that the less you care the easier your life will be. It's interesting how living through and experience like that and being looked over can cause someone to want to stand out and come to terms with who they are. I just decided it was time for people to stop looking over me.

bria. twenty. central. tumblr.
PMWebsiteAIM
^
KELLY
 Posted: Nov 7 2013, 04:36 PM
21 YEARS OLD . A MILLI POINTS
N/A

WELCOME TO WE'LL NEVER BE ROYALS!

THE WE'LL NEVER BE ROYALS STAFF WOULD LIKE TO FORMALLY WELCOME YOU TO YOUR ENDLESS ADVENTURE INTO OUR HP WORLD. PLEASE CHECK OUT THE FACE CLAIM AS WELL AS THE DIRECTORY. DO NOT FORGET TO CHECK YOUR S6.01 DORMITORY IN ADDITION TO THE MANY OTHER CLAIMS WE OFFER. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE OPPORTUNITIES YOU BRING TO ROYALS! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT AN ADMINISTRATOR. WELCOME TO ROYALS!

REGARDS,

ROYALS STAFF

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by merc exclusively for nbr
  • c
  • b
  • o
  • x